Wednesday, May 27, 2009

good talk

I flew from Trinidad and Tobago on Caribbean Airline to Georgetown, Guyana by reputation one of the roughest cities in the World. No doubt in the recent past but it's cooled off considerably. I was told that it was so much more tranquil because all the Major Criminals had died over the past 3 years. Eh could be, I do know that after arriving at their crumby airport and making my way into the Center of Town where I got a Taxi that the Hotel that I directed the driver to go to had burned down and a little later I directed him to a Restaurant that had also burned down. Sounds like things had been Hot recently. Guyana is only 830,,000 people and of course doesn't have much of an infrastructure as a result. Everybody asks about Jonestown but nobody is allowed to go to that sight and there'd be nothing to see anyway, a lot to do with it is still CIA Secrets. I liked Georgetown, I was in their Parliament but not while it was in Session, I was in St. George's Anglican Cathedral, one of the largest Wooden Structures in the World, I was in their National Museum and saw and touched the Printing Press that had printed the Rarest Stamp in the World, the 1856 one-cent Black on Magenta British Guiana. Like many of you as a Child I had a Stamp Collection. In these 3rd World Places you don't need a Prescription to get Medicine and I bought Mefliquine anti-Malarial which is the Preferred for that part of the World, just a buck a pill, in the States I'd be gouged for the same thing. The People as in T and T are mostly Black with an Indian Minority. At this juncture I might Comment on the Deportation of John Demjanjuk to Germany to face 29,000 Counts of Murder. Demjanjuk was a Dime a Dozen Guard of Whom there is no evidence of him hurting anybody, There were Tens of Thousands of These and hardly any have faced Prosecution. Evil People are Determined to Get Their Pound of Flesh from this Poor Old Man who has been Persecuted Himself-----And They're Gonna Get It.

No comments: