Tuesday, September 13, 2011

good talk

Joe Cortez was recently inducted into the Boxing Hall of Fame in Canastota on the basis of refereeing so many big fights but has been bought off the last few years, eh Joe has huge expenses. Kenny Bayless whose work I've often admired would have been the correct choice to referee Ortiz-Mayweather as he only interferes when he has to and basically lets the fighters fight. I don't mind losing in a gamble but dislike a predestined result and being ripped-off. Most things are fixed in our society but it's become so blatant in boxing that they don't mind having the public know that the fight is fixed. A fine young man being cheated seems to be a big joke to you, in a paraphrase of Sonny Black in "Donnie Brasco".........If I die and see that I'm around the same people then I'll know that I'm in Hell......

No comments: