Wednesday, December 26, 2018

good talk

"Hard Candy Christmas", Dolly Parton and the ladies  ...Maybe I'll...  I went to sleep Christmas Eve with visions of bags of money dancing in my head, I woke-up Christmas Morning and ran over to my Stocking, there's no free-lunch, you people have to quit reading my Blog.  Today marks 110 years since Jack Johnson integrated the Heavyweight Championship (See My Blog from 10 years ago, Dec. 26, 2008, all this, apropos, Boxing Day).  On Christmas, I went to Big Mac's at 5 A.M., half-block away, for bre-bre, I noticed Wendy's was closed all day.  I always liked Dave Thomas, born out of wedlock to some young Kid, adopted, uneducated but with a lot of drive, he accomplished a lot, Wendy's always did humanely-slaughter, Dave graduated High School in his 60's, I was real-sorry when he died, in 2002.   Mike just got back from Peru, he was there a month, his first foray into South America, a month is too long for one country, I would have been in 4 countries, not try to see everything all at once, come-back later for more.  They used to have "Bucket Shoppes" in Europe, primarily London, where you could go-in an get whatever their hot travel-bargain of the moment was, and depart almost immediately.   Mike, in his youth, wandered in to one in London, at the same time there was an Australian Girl standing-there, who wanted a place with nice, warm beaches.  The Bucket Guy said, I've got going now,  Round Trip Airfare for 2, and a week in an apartment, in the Canary Islands, Mike and the girl, never saw each other before, eyeballed, and decided they'd tolerate, they led separate-lives, it went swimmingly, all this for a real-cheap cost, I wish they had those today                                                   

No comments: