Tuesday, April 7, 2015

good talk

3 men in S. Africa were sentenced to a minimum of 30 years in Prison for the murder of Corrie Sanders (See My Blog for Oct 21, 2012).  S. Africa with all the violence and AIDS is worse off than when under Apartheid.  Prominent Black S. African boxers were Courage and Ginger Tshabala, Ginger was killed in a Carjacking.  When I was in the Basilica of the Annunciation in Nazareth, on the site where Mary was told by the Angel that she was to be the mother of Jesus, a Black S. African Priest was nice enough to speak with me, and hearing that he was from S. Africa I started talking about boxing and mentioned the Tshabalas.  The Priest told me that his last name was also Tshabala.  I said, Father, it's probably been a long-time since someone came into the Basilica and happened to mention your surname.  The Good Father was lamenting the Moslems beheading people while using the name of God, I could see his point.  Cedric Kushner passed at "66" from a heart attack brought on by obesity.  I had seen Corrie fight in one of Cedric's "Heavyweight Explosions."  The S. African who described himself as a "disobedient youngster" who only reached the 7th Grade, was for a time one of the big-players in Boxing.  Cedric was a kind man who did a lot for the People and is missed.

No comments: