Thursday, April 9, 2015

good talk

Before he left for Asia, Mike told me to take his NV license plate, only need one on the rear, and turn it in to the DMV.  So I washed it with hot, soapy, water, dried it, and put 2 gallon-bags around it tying them with a twistie.  I go to the DMV and walk up to the front of a humongous line and offer the license plate to a DMV guy who looked like he was from India.  He said, you can't just walk up here, you have to wait in line ...Do you want it...  As I was walking away, to smooth things over ...It's washed...  For the past 3 months I've owned 2 cars, the Avalon and also the '74 Dodge.  I drove the Dodge to the gym and afterwards was driving down Maryland Pkwy. towards a pizza and then home.  I was just going the 35 mile limit in traffic when I felt a horrible jolt from someone hitting me in the rear.  I pull over and this Filipino woman also pulls over in her SUV.  I had never felt anything like that in my life, it was a terrible feeling.  I expected all kinds of damage but all I had was some marks on the bumper and the aluminum strip between the rear lights that says DODGE was pushed-in in the middle.  It was the slightest of damage.  The woman was going to her job at McDonald's dressed in their livery, I didn't talk bad to her or even raise my voice, but indicated disappointment in her driving (how could she be so careless), and let it go at that.  That's a steel-car with big steel-bumpers, had that been the Avalon the trunk would have been in the back seat.  

No comments: