Monday, May 25, 2009

good talk

Greetings my little emptyheads, I see that after 90 Blogs I still have no official Followers even though I'm widely read, you're Shy. We got our Flag from my Uncle's Casket. Actually it was my Great-Uncle, my Mother's Uncle, who was with the Americans in France in WW I and was Mustard-Gassed (Poison Gas), he didn't die immediately but it shortened his life and he died in his early 40's a few years before I was born. I've been to the grave of Ernie Pyle at Punchbowl in Hawaii, the War Correspondent much beloved by the GI's who was killed by Japanese machine-gun fire on le Shima. I've been to the grave of Sonny Liston, Heavyweight Boxing Champion in the early 60's. "Sports Illustrated" ran a long story about Sonny Liston twice years ago and in it he was asked the source of all the scars on his back and he replied, "Bad Dealings with my Father." My Father used to give me a hard beating with a Belt about every 6 Weeks from ages 4 to 16 and I empathized with Sonny Liston. I went to "Paradise Memorial Gardens" 15 years ago I put a Red Rose and a White Rose on his Grave. Indeed, a psychologist could do much with Charles Liston competing in this most punishing of Sports under the Sobriquet of "Sonny." Recently I had authorized 16 Masses to be said for 4 people, Four apiece for my Grandmother, Younger Brother Tom and 2 other people who I found worthy and one was a Filipino and the other was an American Black, the 2nd time that I've had Masses said for a Filipino and American Black. Both the American Blacks were Men who died by homicide at the hands of other Blacks and both were ruled Justifiable---I liked the Guys. Each Mass costs ten dollars, now who else besides me would do that for somebody? I'd like to point out that every time that my Father beat me it was for no good reason, you know that I would never do anything that was wrong and this is why I don't miss my Father at all, in fact.....

No comments: