Wednesday, July 28, 2010

good talk

Once that Book is Published It'll Fly Off the Shelves, the biggest Expose in the History of this Country, a Big Fortune. For the American Media to Avoid a Probable Dire Fate all they had to do was Tell the Truth for Once in Their Lives. I Like 'Em Anyway Despite Their Faults. Glad this Roman Polansky Thing Seems to be Over, Me, I'm Tired of Hearing About It (She Was a Woo-Mon). Saw Team USA Play Saturday Night. Went to the Dentist Monday, no Cavities for the Past 11 Years, Not Always This Way. In a Couple Months I Go In To Get All That Guck Scraped Off My Teeth, a Scrapejob, Feel a Lot Better Afterwards. My Dentist Heads a Large Office, We're Also Friends, a Big, Strong Guy who Reminds Me of a Teddy Bear, He Was Showing Me Pictures of Where He Was Recently Hiking. His Daughter, "21," Fell 400 Feet Out at Redrock 12 Years Ago, Life Often Has a Sad Overtone. I Went to the Basilica De Guadalupe Where in December, 1531, Juan Diego Had the Virgin's Image Impressed on his Cloak, you can See This, Some Pilgrims Approach on Their Knees. To the Plaza of the Three Cultures and Saw the Ruins at Tlatelolco Where in 1521 The Aztecs Fought Their Last Battle Against the Spanish, Bodies too Numerous to Count. Also Here is the Templo de Santiago. On October 2, 1968 in the Plaza the Government Soldiers Massacred up to 400 Protesters Against the Regime of President Gustavo Ordaz just Prior to the Mexico City Olympics, the World Didn't Care as They Were Hungry for the Olympics. Went to the Museo Leon Trotsky, a Walled and Very Fortified House Where Trotsky and His Wife Had Lived. Kept as it Was I Was a Few Feet From Where in 1940 an Assassin of Stalin's who had Posed as a Friend Put a Mountain Climber's Axe into Trotsky head. Had My Picture taken in the BackYard Where Trotsky and Wife's Ashes are Entombed. Trotsky was Having an Affair with Frida Kahlo and for a While Diego Rivera was a Suspect. I Was at Bowling Green When I Was a Freshman, Went There Because I Thought It a Pretty Name, and Did okay in 1st Semester English. I had Full Professors for Biology, Geology, History, as they Enjoyed Elucidating Young Minds but for English I had Instructors, guys on their PhD's. For 2nd Semester English Half the Final Grade was a Term Paper whose Subject was Anything you Wanted, I Chose the Battle for Power Between Stalin and Trotsky, I got a "D plus." I thought My Paper was Real Good, It was 30 Pages Double-Spaced Typed, Well footnoted, I Didn't Plagiarize, it Made Good Sense or so I Thought, I Thought I'm Ruined. The Instructor Caught Me at the Water Fountain before Class and Started Talking to Me about my Paper. He said, "It Was Very Boring." He Said that he Didn't Think that I Was a "C" Student (he Could have Said he didn't think that I was a "D" Student) and told me that if I Got an "A" on the Final Which was an In-Class Theme that he'd Give Me a "B" for the Class. I Said Sounds Good. I Did Get a "B" (College was Hard When I Started) so that Turned Out a Lot Better than I Would Have Thought, Guess You Gotta Play to Your Audience.

No comments: