Tuesday, December 31, 2019

good talk

Sat. Nite, I was at the Fiesta Bowl, at State Farm Stadium, in Glendale, outside of Phoenix, I flew-in Sat. morning, and back-out, Sunday morning, only cost $71. I sat-around SkyHarbor, for a couple-hours, reading their newspaper, then I went to the Uber Stand, just as a SuperShuttle pulled-up, he said Uber would gouge-me for $120, out to the Stadium, he charged-me $28, as he going around there anyway, I gave him $35 (the SuperShuttle went out of business, around the Country, 3 days later, he found-out on Dec. 12, while watching TV).  I had a moderately-good seat, $303, getting-in was tuff, monstrous-lines, cold as heck, the woman couldn't buzz the QR on my StubHub print-out, only let me in, because I was getting-mad. Afterwards was much-worse, to wait for Uber, you walked almost a mile to an AMC, it was very-cold, everybody went-inside the lobby, they threw us out after half an hour.  Yes, Uber wanted $120 to the Airport, I waited in the cold an hour and a half, for the rates to go-down, they didn't.  I went inside a nearby Sandwich Shop, warm, and they didn't throw us out, merciful, I had been asking everybody, are you going towards the Airport, finally, a family, parents, and their grown-daughter, Jews, took pity on me. I'd been saying, I'll pay a quarter, when it got to $98, to go to downtown Phoenix, they bought-it.  I got out and pulled-out my wallet, to given-them $25, they refused, saying, taking-me, didn't cost-them anything-more, it was very-nice.  From there, I called Uber, by now it was 1:30 A.M., it was $10 to the Airport, the guy got there lickety-split, I gave him $5, so, coming and going only cost me $50.  I spent the nite, happy to be out of the cold, at 9:36 A.M., I flew-out, the fellow sitting next to me, was also Ohio State Alumni, also Jewish (those people like football, he and the previous were from Cleveland), not as aggressive, he had paid $98 to the Airport.  So much for the Fiesta Bowl                                                                                         

No comments: