Monday, March 16, 2020

good talk

My paternal-grandfather, died 100 years-ago, today, long before I was born, I've always thought that I have a Guardian Angel, maybe it's him, I've never gotten into too much trouble, nothing I couldn't extricate.  Years ago, I was living in San Diego, and one morning, I went into Mexico, as I had something to attend-to, that day. Prior to leaving, I took about everything out of my trunk, somehow,  I overlooked taking-out a .45 Automatic, that I had in a guncase (I no-longer have a gun in my trunk).  So, on the way-back, to the U.S., through the San Ysidro Crossing, an Officer on the American Side, found me interesting  ..Where you coming from, Cowboy?... and had me drive-over for inspection.  They had the Belgian Malinois there, sniffing my car, what they used for this exclusively, in those days (a trained Belgian Malinois adult, with a good-lineage, is worth $20,000, or more.  Long ago, the Courts ruled, that a suddenly-squatting Belgian Malinois, was ample-grounds for Search, as they can smell a Marijuana Joint, beneath 2 tons of iced-watermelon, their reward is to play with a rolled-up sock.  The most successful, to date, is the fabled "Barko").  Anyway, they had me unlock my trunk, and were going thru what I had in there, and somehow, ha, they didn't see my .45 Automatic, even tho, there wasn't much in there, as soon as they saw the guncase, they'd know what was in it, somehow, they didn't see it. I didn't even bother to look at what they were doing, had I, I would have been sweating-bullets, as the Penalty for bring a gun into Mexico, would have been heavy, maybe I'd still be there, who knows.  So, maybe my Grandfather Preusse (a German), is my Guardian Angel, for sure, I've got one                                                                                                                                      

No comments: