Friday, March 6, 2009

good talk

Scratch what I said about Erin, you just can't be nice to some people including all of you, Finito Benito. The day before my Wallet was temporarily taken I checked into a modest hotel in Panama City and had a conversation with a couple of Protestant Ministers who were Missionaries there. One was a young White Guy and the other was an older Black Guy. I was in my room for an hour and I heard a knock on the door and they asked me if I wanted to go to dinner with them. So we did and when the Check arrived the older Black Guy said that he had just gotten a check and that he would cover it, so that was quite nice. The next day before I went to see the Miraflores Lock I gave the Black Missionary a ten dollar bill for their Ministry (it doesn't sound too generous to me either) and he got all excited by it and was praying over it, easily pleased it was just a Sawbuck. I think that's what saved my wallet, how often is a thief going to run in between 2 Undercover Detectives ? With all the Sin there is there it'd be a Gold Mine for a Missionary. I eventually did take the bus to the Lock that day and saw the Workings of the Panama Canal, they give you a brief lecture on what's going on and then you go outside and you can see the Ships passing through. We acquired the Virgin Islands in 1917 specifically to protect the Panama Canal. Our lease ran out several years ago but it's been business as usual, the Canal can't handle the biggest of today's ships but it does all right. Eh, all tapped out, you people wear me out.

No comments: