Tuesday, August 23, 2011

good talk

You only get a number for the lst 20 and I was only one in the class I was in to place in the State in any subject all 3 years I was there and American History was a required subject everybody had to take it, it wasn't something like 3rd year French which most people don't take. Then I took the nationally administered test for college credit and received a very high score and got 10 quarter hours in American History. Croye gave me a "B" for the year and he couldn't have done as well himself. I did particularly good considering that somebody who was supposed to help me was working against me. I didn't miss days or rebel against him. A year after I graduated it broke on the front page of the "Akron Beacon Journal" that Cyril Jones, the principal, had embezzled 60 thou from the school's Activity Fund, a lot of money in 1966. A few days later I read in the paper that Mr. Jones had died suddenly from a heart attack. I didn't have a thing against Mr. Jones I'm just saying what happened. The place had an aura of evil about it. I've often wished that Firestone High would get hold of me and ask me for a contribution for something it'd be a nice round figure.

No comments: