Thursday, May 24, 2012

good talk

I did the very good Louisville Slugger Factory Tour you could see the bats for current bigname ballplayers and how they were made.  I swung a bat used by Mickey Mantle in 1961 when he hit 54 home runs to Roger Maris' 61 swinging it both left and right as was apropos (how can anybody switchhit especially for power). When I was coming to Louisville an older lady got on in Nashville and sat next to me she said that she was coming from Alabama to Louisville to see a doctor and that the bus was better for her malady than flying.  She told me that her husband had died 2 years before and that he had been in the Army for 31 years he loved the Army and had been a lst Sergeant in the 101st Airborne Division and that they had 6 children and were married 56 years he was my life.                                             

No comments: