Tuesday, June 24, 2014

good talk

Yesterday I had MOHS surgery for skin cancer on 3 places on my face, I was in there 6 hours and my face is half-covered in bandages (have light blue eyes and an oily complexion).  The lady who did the surgeries is the same doctor who did the same on me 5 years ago.  Seeing her I said  ...Dr. Mac .., the excellent shot-giver....  The Doctor got her M.D. at Tufts but says that she learned from a Navy Corpman (an enlisted man) how to give shots so they don't hurt.  Every other doctor or nurse who's given me a shot in a sensitive area, it's hurt.  You know, just jab it in, it's not their face or wherever, that's it.  A lot to do with not hurting the patient is to stick the needle in slowly.  They don't teach how to not hurt the patient in Medical Schools, I've been told this.  The good Doctor biopsied my nose (no cancer) and every previous shot I've had in my nose hurt like heck, the nerve center of the face you will have tears rolling down your face, no matter who you are.  And her shot(s) in my nose didn't hurt at all.  Why, I can't stand pain, so now you know that there's one Doctor who not only does a perfect job on her surgeries but also takes the care to prevent her patients' unnecessary pain.   

No comments: