Saturday, October 21, 2017

good talk

I saw "Dunkirk" at Tropicana Cinemas (Trop and Pecos, $2, $1 on Tues.), it was pretty-decent, the menacing-sound of the Stuka Dive Bomber. I saw it a week-ago Tuesday, packed with others of my kind wishing to avoid those high-prices.  Last Nite I went to La Mesa to see Helix (6-1, Reggie Bush, Alex Smith, Chuck Cecil), ranked 2nd in football-rich SD County, play West Hills (entered 5-2), from nearby Santee, at the end of the 1st Quarter it was 38-0, Helix, I was expecting a good game.  It was Helix' Homecoming and they had a few thousand, not so many for West Hills, they had special-food for the Alumni, they were saying where is Scott (Scott's Mom, Patty, worked for long at the nearby humongous and loaded Ray and Joan Kroc's Salvation Army, Joan was a good woman).  At the end of the 1st Half, it was 45-0, they've introduced something recently where if a team is down by a whole-lot at the end of the 1st Half, if the losing-Coach agrees, they'll run the clock continuously in the 2nd Half, it never stops, the game-ended 59-0, Helix' last 3 have been this.  I was disappointed, I wanted to see a real game.  This teaches the Kids, if things are going real-badly, just give-up, sending them in the direction of the Homeless.  After the game, they had a lengthy, very-impressive, professionally-done, Fireworks Display, this cost 15 thou

No comments: