Friday, September 7, 2012

good talk

It's only l P.M. and I already have 12 Hits you're Animals.  When I was in Calcutta I took advantage of this last bastion of the Human Rickshaw this fellow from Nepal seemingly tirelessly pulled me 7 or 8 miles all told.  This guy didn't seem Human as I know them I couldn't have done that I don't know anybody who could.  I paid him 13 U.S. in Rupees which was regarded by all as being very generous.  Calcutta's International Airport was Dum Dum so named as this was the site of the Exploding Bullet Factory where the English manufactured bullets used against the South African Boers during the 2nd Boer War (1899-1902).  It also during the 2nd Boer War that the English used Concentration Camps reducing people to living skeletons and where the term was first coined, indeed, they didn't go so easily on the rebellious Africaans.    

No comments: