Sunday, February 26, 2017

good talk

Heh, it's been 15 years this month, since I was at the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics, the only Olympics to which I've been (See My Blogs for Jan. 13 and Jan. 14, 2009).  I sometimes stand in awe at the beauty of my old Blogs, as you've surmised, I don't put as much effort into them anymore, as people like you don't deserve to view-them, if I could somehow stop you, I would.  Belarus defeating Sweden is considered the 2nd greatest Olympic Hockey upset ever, only surpassed by the USA defeating Russia in 1980 (like in the movie, Brooks did say before they played ...Russia would beat us 9 out of 10 games, this is that 10th game...).  I still have a picture, inside my mind, of the puck hitting-high on the Swedes' great-goalie, Tommy Salo, and trickling over his left shoulder, with Salo whirling-about only to see it in the Swedes' goal.  It's considered to have gotten inside Tommy's head, he never was that good after this.  Don can relate   ...Every 'dog has his day...

No comments: