Monday, June 26, 2017

good talk

I'm back in Las Vegas, they do a criminal-background check where I have a real-nice 1-bedroom, great TV, everything included, the check weeds-out three-quarters of the applicants.  I developed a sprained, swollen left-foot, during the last 2 weeks of my trip, which is always long and very-gruelling, carrying a heavy-bag over a good portion of the Middle East and Europe, Yoga really did it, and I was limping for a long-time, I had 3 X-Rays but nothing intrinsically-wrong tho I heard something snap.  Extensive Icing was a big-help.  I'm always breaking-down physically at the end of my trips.  A Black friend of mine is Ollie, who is all distraught over the death of his Coach at Arizona State, Frank Kush.  Both were from Pennsylvania, where at that time was especially-good football.  Frank was well-known throughout the country for his harsh-workouts (Kush's Mountain, say), in the blistering desert-sun,  Ollie said, he was tough but he did some good things, I said, he was a father-image, and he agreed.  Frank was from Polish coal-mining people, he said that he never missed a class at Michigan State until he was a junior, for fear he'd have to go-back and do that, 6-1 in Bowl Games, he was "88"

No comments: