Thursday, June 21, 2018

good talk

We often find ourselves doing things we'd never thought we'd be doing, after I left the Snowbelt for idyllic San Diego, I needed a job, and found myself working as a Cemetery Salesman for Cypress View Mausoleum.  Back in Ohio, I kidded some guy who did this, asking how's Tombstone Territory?  Cypress View was all marble and splendor, as it is today, it's art-collection worth millions, if you gotta be dead, this is the place for it (remember Marlin Perkins, the star of "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" from 1963 to 1985, sure you do, he's in there).  That's the new mausoleum, the old mausoleum is across the street, it's been filled for 70 years, nobody ever visited any of the crypts, except for one.  Engraved on the nameplate was  George Radavich  1925-1930, and there were fresh flowers on that crypt twice a week, and I was there as late as 1983, his mother was still alive                                                                   

No comments: