Tuesday, June 5, 2018

good talk

See My Blog for Jan. 20, 2011, Trump too.  I went to the Museum of the United States Air Force, largest aircraft-museum in the world, at Wright-Patterson AFB, outside of Dayton, Mike had been there twice, and I was hungry to go.  All enclosed, it has aircraft from the beginning, to modern times, it's just immense, open about every day, free.  There's the presidential-aircraft, the ones used by FDR, Truman, Eisenhower.  I was in the Air Force One used from 1962 to 1972, used as a backu.p until 1998.  This was which brought John and Jackie Kennedy to Dallas, I saw where a crack remains from where JFK's coffin was brought-aboard, I stood where Lyndon Johnson was sworn-in, all this on Nov. 22, 1963 (he wanted Jackie there in her blood-soaked dress to show continuity).  I was there 2 days, including a big-day throughout the Country, May 17, 2018, when the "Memphis Belle", the B-17 Super Fortress, was revealed to the public, it's importance being that it was the first bomber to complete 25 missions in Europe in WW 11, it and its crew were brought-back to sell War Bonds (.pardon the internet-current of the LaJolla Library).  I also saw "Bockscar", the B-29 Super Fortress which dropped the Atomic Bomb "Fat Man" on Nagasaki.  Many of the American war-planes of WW 11 had artistry and names, such as the B-24 Liberator I saw, featuring a voluptuous, reclining, redhead "Strawberry Bitch"                   

No comments: