Monday, December 1, 2008

good talk

I had a fine blog wiped out yesterday, I was wondering if you people did it but I guess not, I pressed Publish Post and it was gone. I'm not really existing to amuse you people, I'd like to get some Public Recognition for my Extremely Rare Ability, see what you can do. Here we go again--I crossed the border into Eilat, Israel, Aqaba and Eilat are the southernmost cities in their countries. Nothing to see in Eilat so I took the 5 hour bus past the Dead Sea, which is suprisingly big, and arrived in Jerusalem. This was the 4th visit to Israel and I've entered 4 ways, Eilat, Rafah, Amman, and Ben Gurion. I always stay in the Arab Section of Jerusalem as it's 3 times more expensive in the Jewish Section for the same thing, and I usually stay on Saladin Street, a stone's throw from Damascus Gate. The first 2 times I stayed in Moslem Arab hotels and the past 2 in Christian Arab hotels, makes me no difference. And the hotels are a lot more expensive than just 4 years before in large part due to the huge number of Russians, yes, here too, on their cutsie package deals. Jerusalem is always very exciting and I never get tired of it, I saw the new excavation that they're doing on the Second Temple, a further extension of the Western Wall (Wailing Wall). Men wail on the left, women on the right. I just love to walk and walk and walk inside the Walled City, so much to see. At the Church of the Holy Sepulcher there's the Tomb of Jesus, which I always go into, and other things related to Jesus and it was full of ------Russians. The Russians were singing songs and kissing everything in sight, it was sort of like Dr. Zhivago. I climbed the Mount of Olives and went into all the churches along the way. The next day I went to the Jerusalem Museum and saw some of the Dead Sea Scrolls as well as fine works of art. Nobody likes Art more than me, my tastes are typical, everybody likes Van Gogh and I've seen about 300 of his paintings, he only painted for 10 years but cranked out over 800 paintings. My favorite? "The Potato Eaters," figures seem to move. In natural light the "Venus de Milo" looks like it's alive. I was in Jerusalem 3 days and then took a van to Tel Aviv for 2 days. Tel Aviv is a real nice city, I went to the beach and I went to the exceedingly good Tel Aviv Art Museum, that place is really something. On the way to Cairo there was a 7 hour stopover in Brussels and I went into the town and saw their very good Art Museum and also their Cathedral (a big barn). My last morning I shopped around at the nearby travel agencies and bought a ticket to Istanbul and I was in the air 4 hours later. Two days ago on Saturday I saw Palo Verde play Las Vegas High School in a State Big School Semi-Final with Palo Verde winning 42-21. Palo Verde's Torin Harris is one of the best players in the country and is going to USC. I don't think I'd go some place where they stockpile tailbacks. I'll take Palo next week when they play McQueen in Reno for the State Championship. My first time in Israel I swam (floated) in the Dead Sea, the Sea of Galilee and the Mediterranean Sea on the same day.

No comments: