Tuesday, January 6, 2009

good talk

Today would have been my Grandmother's, my father's mother, 120th Birthday, the Feast of the Epiphany, she lived to be "90." Of my parents and 3 other grandparents the oldest any of them lived was my mother, "66." Enjoy me while you can. Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber, is in Supermax in Colorado, and as I understand it is cooped up in a cell 5x12 feet for 23 hours a day. Shouldn't Dr. Kaczynski be treated better than that? Ted has an I.Q. possibly as high as 180 and shouldn't he at least be given constructive work to take advantage of his great intellect, supposedly his PhD Dissertation at Michigan would only have been understood by 10 or 12 people in the country. Why not? Ted has the time, break up the day. The reason that Kaczynski was able to stay at large for 17 years, and it would have been much longer had his own brother not turned him in, was that there was nobody looking for him nearly as smart as himself. On April 28, 2008 I flew from Eleftherios Venizelos Airport in Athens to Boston on Delta, it was supposed to have been JFK in New York but it was congested there due to bad weather and Delta didn't have enough fuel to wait it out, they barely had enough fuel to get to Boston. Delta began processing passengers for Flight DL0l33 leaving for JFK from Athens at 10:35 A.M. on April 28, 2008 at the Delta Counter at 7 A.M. I was standing in this line at 7:20 A.M. and soon was approached by a Delta Employee who told me that I was going to be given "great scrutiny" as she took my Passport and left with it. She brought it back after half an hour with another Delta Employee and they told me that they'd be waiting for me once I had my Boarding Pass and had gone through Passport Control and Airport Security. Once I was through Airport Security these 2 joined by yet 2 more Delta Employees began to ask me about my trip to the Middle East. After Grilling me for half an hour, yet 2 more Employees of Delta came and grilled me even more extensively. I commented that most Terrorists weren't Blonde Guys in their 60's who'd been born in the U.S., that the demographic of Terrorists was hardly that and that they had many better candidates for grilling on this flight than myself. I was the only one of the hundreds to be boarding this full Flight to be treated this way. They ignored what I had said, they then took apart my camera bag and travel bag and took everything in them off to be X-rayed. By the time they got finished with me it was 9:50 A.M. and I had been Needlessly Harassed for two and a half hours. As I was being allowed to go in with the other passengers to wait to board the Plane I told my Harassers, "You haven't seen the last of this." As soon as I got back to Las Vegas I called Delta from the Airport and told them what happened and this "Supervisor" that I spoke with told me that it was TSA that I should complain to and not Delta. I sent in written complaint to TSA and after 6 weeks they wrote back saying that it was Delta and not themselves that I should voice a complaint to. I then wrote a Complaint to Delta and have yet to receive a reply, I sent in my complaint 5 months ago. On September 2, 2008 I heard a loud banging on the door of my apartment, I opened the door and these 2 young guys dressed in very casual clothes, said, "FBI" and one flashed an ID with Badge saying this. I let these 2 in but I was dubious, I was wondering if this was some kind of shakedown, a home invasion. I said, " Don't you guys usually wear suits." One of them said, "This is Las Vegas." This guy was also heavily tatooed, ha, ha. After a bit my fears vanished, I could tell that these were fine young men. They asked me about my trip to the Middle East and I gave them my Itinerary in detail, where I had been on my recent trip. I said, what's this all about, a blonde guy in his 60's, native-born American, goes to the Middle East and the FBI comes to question him, I said, you have nothing better to do? After half an hour these 2 left, they were Joseph M. Gervase and Keith Kelly (I told Kelly that his name sounded like an alias). I actually liked these guys and wish them well. In leaving Gervase sounded sort of ashamed about this as he realized that they had bothered a Citizen for no good reason, Kelly was sort of defensive, in relation to my demographic in regards to Terrorism he said, they're the ones. Delta had had the FBI harass me because they didn't like my complaining to them (a complaint in very civil and "good" language) about my treatment by Delta at the Athens Airport. And how many Man-Hours did the FBI spend on this, half an hour with me, half an hour to get to where I lived, half an hour to go somewhere else afterwards, time spent in preparation for Talking to Me? Wasted Valuable Time of FBI Agents that could have been spent productively in the catching of criminals. That's the United States of America that we live in today in 2009, a Police State, a Third World Country.

No comments: