Tuesday, January 20, 2009

good talk

In the old "Zap Comics" they had "A Honky goes into the ghetto and makes a fool out of himself (I really love you people)." Obama might not be the first, a lot of people thought that Warren Harding had Black ancestry. They used to call that "A N-word in the Woodpile." France and England announced at the same time that they wouldn't be repaying what they had borrowed from the United States to fight WWI, an angered President Harding said "They hired (borrowed) the money didn't they?" This is a famous quote in American History. Deadbeats. If you ever go to Finland every Finn will proudly tell you that Finland was the only country to repay the U.S. the money that they had borrowed for WWI. Martin King is allright by me but King Day comes right after the Holidays, you're exhausted and then there's King Day. Why not just throw King Day in with Presidents Day and make it Presidents and King Day if they must have it. Franklin Roosevelt has no day and he was the only President to be elected 3 times much less 4 times and he was President when this country emerged from the Depression and WWll had already been won when he died. WWll is what brought this country out of the Depression what with the rampant spending and ever since an American has been able to expect to be able to own a new car and house in his lifetime, a very high standard of living and for such a huge population. Once I flew into Santiago I went down to the bus station and waited for the morning when I could take a bus to Argentina (oh, I've spent the night countless times in airports and bus stations in this country and around the world, don't cost nuthin'). I took the bus through the Andes and to Mendoza, Argentina, this involved a big wasting of time at the border, they even had me open up my bag so that a dog could stick his face in there (once I got to Mendoza I sprayed my bag with alcohol). We arrived in Mendoza after an 8 hour trip, nice little city, there's about 850,000 in the area which is known for its Wine Production. Little boys and little girls, Argentina is an extremely fine tourist destination, very safe, good-looking people most of whom are of European descent, real good stuff to see, cheap. I bought a bus ticket to leave on a Cama (luxury) bus the next night to Buenos Aires, looked around, spent the night in a hotel and went out the next morning to see the sights. I enjoyed their History and Archeological Museums and catted about until I found myself at their Zoo. I had the time and hadn't been to a Zoo since San Diego 5 years before so I spent a few hours at their very nice zoo. It was very pleasant and beautiful and there were lots of people there enjoying the day.

No comments: