Wednesday, February 4, 2009

good talk

I was just calling around making plans for my next trip, I'm stressed out and this is how I deal with it, it's all your fault that I feel this way. You people don't need to do this, you're tough, you can take it. In the current issue of "Ring" they're talking about Chris Arreola who is the best of the current American Heavyweights. Almost "28" he's not in the Top 10 but was Number 10 recently, a Mexican-American who's from Riverside, Ca. An undefeated banger with a very high knockout percentage Arreola's weight fluctuates wildly and right now he's sort of porky, as "Ring" put it ".....The hopes of a Nation resting on a Pile of Blubber....." We can only wish that things turn out well in this regard. My brother Bob's birthday is February 16 and they're even making it a National Holiday this year, bet he'll like that. For his 50th Birthday I sent him a Card that had a gal in Black Leather with lash in hand saying "I Whipped Up Something for Your Birthday." It's something you'd send to your brother but not your Old Man. From Buenos Aires I went to Montevideo, Uruguay by 2-hour fast boat, so fast that the 2 old people sitting in front of me both barfed, I felt fine. Like Buenos Aires I hadn't been there in 17 years. I then went by bus 120 miles north to Punta del Este, the only world class beach in South America, why I don't know, as long as it's not polluted you've seen one beach you'v seen them all. I swam there 17 years ago but it was too cold at this time of the year, early April, I just walked around, I walked and walked. My idea of the heighth of pleasure is to walk miles and miles through some famous Big City and seeing their sights, I like that better than walking around in the Sticks but I like that too. And it's always good to look out at the Ocean and to smell the Salt Air. All these things are really good. I spent the night at Punta del Este and then took the bus back to Montevideo where about the entire population of Uruguay lives, it's a City-State. And a very nice one with lots of nice little museums such as the Gaucho Museum and the Currency (Money) and some nice Art Museums and beautiful Churches and the aforementioned beautiful Cathedral where I saw a guy go the entire length of the middle aisle from the back to the front on his knees. Must have been some Great Sinner. In 1939 the English caught the German pocket battleship "Graf Spee" off the coast of Uruguay and forced it to flee into the harbor of Montevideo. The captain seeing escape as impossible scuttled his ship, the crew made it safely to land while the Captain went down with his Ship wrapping himself in the Flag of the old Weimar Republic (and not the Nazi Flag) and then shooting himself in the head. It seems like the Germans always have to make some huge production out of dying.

No comments: