Tuesday, February 17, 2009

good talk

I don't want anybody to get the impression that I dislike Kelly Ripa and Regis, it's just that I think that a well-functioning Fourth Estate wouldn't be involved in a Fraudulent Cover-Up. Ripa and Regis is the only Fraud that I know for sure that you're covering-up, if there's that one, and there is, there's no doubt other Frauds that the Media is Covering-Up. Things could be a lot worse in my own Life, after all I could be one of you. This Steroid Thing in Baseball is very disconcerting, it's a real pity. I saw A-Rod play for Seattle and the Rangers (I really liked their Park in Arlington, Texas and I had been to their previous one) and I've seen Barry Bonds play wherever he's gone. In 1984 I remember passing him when Arizona State played USC and I thought him to be quite slim, he was "19," and he wasn't the best player on this team which had Oddibe McDowell. I saw Bonds play for Pittsburg and Seattle. I think it was May 1, 1991 I was in Cincinnati and saw the Reds play the Pirates with the Reds' star pitcher Jose Rijo going for the Reds. Andy Van Slyke also starred for the Pirates and when he was in the on-deck circle he tossed a foul ball to an Old Man in the First Row who in his fervor to catch it fell 15 feet onto the Field. I never read anything more about it like say that the Old Man had died or whatever, he seemed to fall on his head. Looking seriously bummed Van Slyke struck-out in his At-Bat. I had a heck of a good seat for this game, this was the year after the Reds had won the World Series and I asked the ticket seller for his best seat and I was sitting in the 5th Row directly behind Home Plate with the Scout with the JUGS Gun sitting in front of me. Jose Rijo had been married to the daughter of Juan Marichal and they had just gotten divorced, if Rijo had been thinking at all he would have realized that he wouldn't want to be married to the daughter of somebody who had done what Marichal did to Johnny Roseboro, no doubt a volatile family. But he did and after a bad outing later on that season Jose Rijo said,"Rosie should be charged with half these Runs, she got half my Money." I can't believe all of these people who Bernard Madoff shnooked out of money, one of them is Fred Wilpon, the Mets owner, who was taken for 300 million dollars. Before you're in for that kind of money I'd think you'd investigate the deal from top to bottom and not take anybody's word for it that this was such a good thing. Sandy Koufax was one of those taken, possibly the best Jewish Athlete of all time (David would be up there with his sling accuracy) let's hope that Sandy doesn't wind up eating Dog Food in his Old Age. Another taken was Tim Teufel who played 11 years in the Majors, I think that teufel in German means "devil' but I doubt if this is Divine Retribution.

No comments: