Friday, February 20, 2009

good talk

Of course it was Pittsburg and San Francisco that Barry Bonds has played for in the Major Leagues. I just had this Blog wiped out and am having to do it over, I was wondering if you people did this. I saw Bonds play for the Giants a few times, twice at Pac-Bell now AT&T in San Francisco and Bonds once homered ten yards away from me. I'd say that it's a mediocre ballpark, everybody gets all excited because it's on San Francisco Bay. I saw the Giants play at old Candlestick and it was cold and windy in August. Petco in San Diego is a great ballpark and I've seen a game there all 5 years it's been open. 6 and 7 years ago I took Greyhound trips all over the country and into Canada once getting as far as Halifax, Nova Scotia. Greyhound used to be a fabulous way to travel as long as you're not stuck-up, a lot of gamey people take the Greyhound. And 6 and 7 years ago both years I saw 5 Major League Games around the country and Canada. Long Ago I saw the Expos play the Cubs in Montreal, a right-handed pitcher was called a "drotier." The Greyhound is no longer a good mode of transportation, they've messed it up all the way around. In 2004 Matt Bush from Mission Bay High School in San Diego was the first player taken in the Free Agent Draft signing with the hometown Padres for a bonus of 3.15 million dollars. I saw Matt Bush play as both a junior and senior, a fabulous fielding shortstop who could hit for both average and power, he was also a great pitcher. Just an average-sized kid at 5'10" and 165 pounds I saw him go "95" in just the 2nd game of his senior year, I asked the scout in front of me what's the fastest you've got Bush. And accurate, he didn't walk anybody. In high school the ballfield was Matt's toy, he did anything he wanted. Right after he went pro he was arrested for underage drinking in Scottsdale getting into an altercation with a bouncer. His high school coach for both baseball and football said, "He's a follower." In the Minor Leagues he did poorly as a shortstop both in fielding and hitting and was getting injured. Switched to pitcher he started doing much better but then got injured. Recently Matt Bush was involved in a drunken affair at Granite Hills High School in El Cajon, outside of San Diego, where he roughed up a couple of high school kids (Matt's now "23"). By this time the Padres had had enough and wrote off their 3 mil and wasted First Player Taken by trading Matt Bush to Toronto. I used to be very worried about Matt Bush but have become resigned to his probably being washed-up and never realizing his once Great Potential, he should have some Money left and hopefully will get his life together.

No comments: