Wednesday, February 11, 2009

good talk

Abraham Lincoln was named after his grandfather who was also murdered, after moving his family from Virginia to Kentucky he was killed by Indians while working in the fields. How many non-Jews, Gentiles so to speak, are named Abraham ? Abe's father, Tom Lincoln, was unambitious and beat young Abe and seemed to be regarded by Abraham as a negative good example (I don't want to be like that). With only 3 years of very rudimentary education Lincoln is considered to be possibly the best writer of the Presidents (Wilson is up there). Largely self-taught Abraham said, "My best friend is the man who can loan me a book I ain't read." I've been to Lincoln's Tomb in Springfield, Illinois where Lincoln and his wife Mary and 3 of their sons (Robert is in Arlington) were laid to rest. In Springfield there are many things to see that have to do with Lincoln as well as the very large and impressive State Capitol Building. At the National Museum of Health and Medicine behind Walter Reed Hospital in D.C. you can see little pieces of Lincoln's Skull amongst the other interesting exhibits. 6 years ago I was taking the city bus to this museum and happened to strike up a conversation with a sergeant from Puerto Rico who was getting ready to retire and he was going to Walter Reed. This was of course after 9-ll and they weren't letting individuals just walk in and roam around, I wouldn't have been allowed past the Gate except that the Good Sergeant said, "He's my guest." How many Great Men are there in this Country today? None or close to it. You Girls might be interested in this. A lot of the people I know I originally met at the gym I go to and one of these is "Scott." Scott is "38" next month, he's never been married, he's an oddsmaker and professional gambler, he owns a nice house and nice car but he's not all that interested in girls. He's strongly heterosexual but seems to think that his life is complete without girls in it because he enjoys partying and gambling so much. A good-looking guy with thick hair and a strong and chiseled body like a football player, a lot of girls seem to like him but he's totally caught up in his lifestyle. We have a mutual friend at the gym named Robin, an attractive woman, and last year I sent him a Valentine saying "I long for the day when I hear our sweaty bodies splash together, O Please be my Valentine" and signed Robin's name to it. I was only trying to help. Scott is a kind person and if a girl could attract his interest I think she'd be happy for this. Maybe things the way they are will be as good as they're going to get. At least you girls know what's out there.

No comments: