Thursday, May 6, 2010

good talk

While I was in Acapulco 5 People Were Gunned Down in Mistaken Identity on the Main Drag in Front of the Nice Hotel Where They Stayed, it was a Big Deal to the People Gunned Down but to Everybody Else it was Old Hat. I Just Read in "Boxing Digest" that George Foreman made 150 Million endorsing that Grill, Suprisingly George Looked Slim in the Pictures. Nigel Collins, the Editor of "Ring," Suggests in the Latest Issue that Edwin Valero (27 Fights, 27 Knockouts, the Average Length of his Fights Being a Little Over 2 Rounds) Fight Manny Pacquiao. But More Recently Valero Killed his Wife and then Hung Himself in Jail, the People Who Become Boxers are Different than the People Who Become Archbishops. In Both "Ring" and "Boxing Digest" PETA Has a Full Page Ad with Shane Mosley Saying "I Choose to Fight, Dogs Don't. Dogfighting Is For Cowards..." Many of the Black NFL Players Said That There Was Nothing Wrong With What Michael Vick Did. Vitali Klitschko Says that Watching 2 Women Box Each Other Makes Him Nauseous. I Don't Like it Myself, Years Ago I saw a short Mexican Girl, Terry Trevino, fight a Much Taller Norwegian Girl and Terry Suffered the Worst Bloody Nose I've Seen and the Fight was Stopped in the 2nd Round, I Didn't Like Looking at That, but If These Women Want to Box Each Other That's Their Right. I Saw Julie Hyman on TV Recently for the First Time in a Long While, I Always Thought Julie was a Real Sweet Girl. From Reading her Blurb on the Internet I See Where She's Gone to Wife, Wish Her Happiness. She Said.... Howie Was a Gentleman....., Doesn't Sound Like Any of the Guys I've Known Especially the One named Howie, Must Not Be Him. See the Schools She Went to and She Often Rides Horses in Central Park, Such a Background. I Got into Cancun at ll P.M. and Figured It'd be Easy to Fly Out Quickly, Flew Out at 2:30 P.M. the Next Day to Havana. You Never Have needed a Visa to Go to Cuba if You're an American, They Don't Stamp Your Passport, Mine Shows Me Leaving Cancun and Coming Back 16 Days Later Apparently from Nowhere. Had They Asked Me Where I Was I Would Have Told Them Nowhere, I'm Under No Obligation to the State Department to Account for My Time, None of Their Business. At the Airport They Recommended a Particular One of Their "Casas Particulares," That is Somebody's Domicile, You Stay in Their Home. I Was Dubious but Went to One in Havana Where I Stayed 3 Nights and These Were the Only Places I Stayed Throughout Cuba. Just 20-30 C.U.C. a Night (a C.U.C. is 1.15 U.S.) and They'd Give You a Fine Breakfast for 3 or 4 C.U.C. and 7-10 for a Very Good Dinner. You Treated You Like a Guest or Even a Friend. In Cuba They Don't Take American Plastic or American Travelers Checks and You Get Beaten Up for a 20% Fee for Exchanging American Dollars But only 10% for Canadian Dollars or Euros, I Took Canadian Dollars As I Preferred the Lesser Beating.

No comments: