Monday, May 24, 2010

good talk

The Past Few Years I've Noticed a Lot of Dirty Language in our Magazines and Newspapers and of course I Don't Like This Trend. What's with this Hate Crime Thing, There's Love Crimes? I Went to the Bacardi Rum Factory in Santiago, there's no Tour, the Family Set Up in Puerto Rico after Castro Nationalized It, Commy Rum. San Juan Hill is just outside of Santiago. There's a Huge Statue of Antonio Maceo, one of their Heroes of the War for Independence which the U.S. Won for Them in 1898. A Mulatto General Known for his Bravery and from Santiago, he Died in Battle. The Casa de Don Diego Velazquez, the Oldest House in Cuba, is a Very Good Museum. And I Saw the Oldest Painting in Cuba in the Extensive Collection at the Cathedral "Basilica Santa Ifigenia." The Bacardi Museum comprises Paintings and Artifacts and I went there. That Night at my Casa Particulare I Had a 7-Course Lobster Dinner for 10 C.U.C., 11.50 U.S., that was really Delicious, I Couldn't Even Eat It All. All Over Cuba you see People Playing Stickball, a Very Good Game Which Can Be Played in a Limited Space. I Saw 6-Year Old's Fielding Baseball's with a Man's Glove, it's no Wonder Cubans are Good. From Santiago I Took a Van to Guantanamo, Nothing to See There (he's a Guantanamera) and you can't go up to an Elevation and Look into the U.S. Base as You Used to be Able to. I Took 2 Trucks to get me to Baracoa, there I Saw the Oldest Cross in the Americas, Columbus planted it near here in 1492 and It's made of Native Woods, fairly Large, the "Cruz de la Parra." Hatuey, a Taino Indian Chief, Rebelled Against the Spanish and was Burned at the Stake near Baracoa in 1519, he's Remembered Fondly. I Went to the Playa Baraqua 14 Miles outside of Baracoa, it took 45 Minutes to get There, Roads are Real Bad. Beautiful Beach, Clean, Warm Salt Water. Not Many Real Down and Outers in Cuba but one Guy was Trying to Sell Things so that he Could Buy Shoes. He was About "30," really frail, half his teeth missing, no shoes of course, He Was Really Cute, I Got Him a Pair. There were a Few Chickens and Pigs roaming around, I Bought a Few Bananas from Somebody and Got Up for a Few Minutes and When I Came Back a Greedy Pig Had Come Along and Was Eating My Bananas.

No comments: