Friday, June 4, 2010

good talk

From Holguin I Traveled to Camaguey by Private Car With 3 Strangers. The 3rd Largest Next to Havana and Santiago with a Population of 270,000 and 385 Miles SE of Havana. Founded in 1515 I Was in the Most Recent of the 2 Versions of the Catedral Nuestra Santa Iglesia, It Looked Pretty Good. In Its Previous Incarnation in 1688 Henry Morgan Locked the City Fathers Inside and Starved Them Until They Revealed the Location of Their Treasures, an Enterprising Guy. I Was in the House now a Museum of Carlos Finley Who Helped Discover the Vaccination for Yellow Fever. You See Che's Countenance All Over Cuba. Camaguey Was OK, Holguin is Much Better. The Only Reason There's Still a Trade Embargo of Cuba After a Half Century When It Should Have Been Lifted 30 Years Ago is Because a Lot of Silly Old Cubans in South Florida Want It Until the Castros and Their Ilk are Out of Power. We, the People of the U.S. Were Gracious to Allow these Cubans Into This Country Who Cares What They Say About That or Anything Else. There Shouldn't Be Any Dual U.S. and Some Other Country Citizenship, Countries Are Often in Conflict and You Can't Serve 2 Masters. See the Season that Bryce Harper Had but CCSN Usually Plays Him at Catcher, a Dangerous Position, He Can Play Any Position and When I Saw Him Play He Was in Center Field. Several Years Ago I Was Making One of My Greyhound Trips and I Was in Albany and Saw the Biggest and Best of the State Capitol Buildings. But at That Time You Couldn't Leave Your Bag at the Greyhound Station and I Had to Lug It Up and Down All Those Stairs at the Capitol Building and All Over Downtown Albany. No Self-Respecting Terrorist is Going to Hijack a Greyhound Bus or Blow Up a Greyhound Station, the Loss of Prestige to His Movement Would Be Such That It Would Fall Apart Instantly. Boy Was I Tired, hadn't been to Bed the Night Before. I Journeyed to a Town Maybe 60 Miles from Albany, it was Memorial Day Weekend, I Asked a Little Girl Cop, She was Real Cute and Petite, Officer, What Motels Might You Recommend. She Said Maybe I Could Stay at One for Free, My Ears Lit up. She Called It In, I Didn't Look Like a Transient and Was Curious Where This Was Going to Lead. She Walked With Me 5 Blocks to the Police Station and the Chief, a Kind-Looking Guy, Asked Me a Few Questions None of Which Was Did I Have $3000 in T X's on Me. I Was Told That I Could Stay at This Local Motel for Free that NBight Provided I Agreed not to Bring Alcohol into My Room, Be Out by 9 the Next Morning and to Get Out of Town the Next Day. And it was a Real Nice Motel, this Saved Me a Hundred Bucks. I Was Going to Leave Early the Next Day Anyway and Go to Coopertown to See the Baseball Hall of Fame, I Was Really Moved That They'd Do That for Me, Not the Town Without Pity.

No comments: