Friday, June 25, 2010

good talk

Went to the Del Mar Fair on Wednesday, I Asked You People to Come Along and You Said No,No. I Was There 11 Hours and I Needed That to See It All, It's Good to See All the Other Animals and All the Booths, Pigs and Horses are my Favorites although I Like Them All. I Saw Show Horses Being Put Through Their Paces, I Like Everything About the Fair. And I Saw Kenny Loggins There, I'm "63" Today (Happy Birthday to Me) and He's Only Half a Year Younger. Kenny Was Backed Up by a 5-Man Band and They Were Really Great, Such a Good Time. Kenny Sang His Big Hits Like "This is It," 2 of His Hits Were Movie Themes to "Top Gun" and "FootLoose," and Many More During an Enthused Hour and 50 Minutes. Kenny Said That Once a Burly Biker-Type Guy Was Sitting in the Front Row at One of His Concerts and After a While Was Giving Him the Bad Eye Finally Saying, Sing the Song About the Bear. He Sang "House on Pooh Corner" Along With the Others in a Voice Still Beautiful and Distinctive. From Havana I Flew to Cancun and I Stayed at a Nice Hotel Downtown for 30 U.S., Simply Taking the Bus Up to the Playa Where I Swam in Front of the Sheraton. All of the Beaches in Mexico are Public and You Can Lay on the Beach Chairs that They Have Layed Out for Their Guests Even if You're Not, I Did This. Cancun is Worth Going to Just to Look at the Beautiful Turquoise Water, It's a Great Beach. I Had Wanted to Go to Brazil on This Trip and Went to What Was Supposed to Be Their Consulate in Cancun to Get a Visa but it turned out to be an Abandoned Building. I've Wanted to Go to Brazil on 3 of My Last 4 Trips and Haven't, Not Been There for 20 Years When I was All Over It, Guess I'll Have to Plan It Better the Next Time. So I Decide Travel Around in Mexico Where I Hadn't Been for 13 Years. I Took a Bus for an Hour South toTulum to See the Mayan Ruins. Tulum Was One of the Few Inhabited Mayan Cities When the Spanish Arrived in 1518. I Rode a Bicycle 4 Miles Out to the Extensive and Impressive Ruins, There's a Beach You Can Climb Down to That Looked as Good as Cancun but I Guess Everybody Had Come Just to See the Ruins. After Tulum I Took the Bus Back to Cancun and Flew Out to Mexico City Where I Got a Bus to Puerto Vallarta. "....Please, Celebrate Me Home, Give Me a Number....That I'll Always Remember....."

No comments: