Wednesday, August 4, 2010

good talk

Took Local Buses up to Ft. Lauderdale, 3 Hours, Always Liked the Place. Elbo Room is Still There after All These Years, the Button Across the Street is now a Parking Lot. 23 Years ago I was in England at a Railway Station and an English Guy remarked 'Eve You Ever Been in the Boo-ton in Ft. Lauderdale? Said he had been there When he was in the Royal Navy and how Well he had been Treated in South Florida, good. Guess half the people in the Western Hemisphere had been in There. Always Wanted to go to Freeport, Bahamas as I was in Nassau 20 Years Ago. 6 Hour Boat Ride included a Good Breakfast Buffet and an Open Bar, little early for that. Asked Around and got a Good Hotel for $90 a Night, Lucayan Beach is Really Great, Beautiful. You're always Hearing about White-Sand Beaches and I've Never Seen One Yet although I've Seen Black and Red. Downtown Freeport is full of Crackheads but that's Ok. After a Couple Days back to Ft. Lauderdale less than a hundred miles away. Good Dinner Buffet included and I had a Stiff Whiskey and Water at the Open Bar. The Bartender who Poured It later was Doing a Great Juggling Act out on the Dancefloor, some Asian Guy, he could go on TV. There was a Band and a lot of people Danced and some were Good Dancers. Not me, I haven't been keeping up on it and didn't want to go out there and just shake about. The Boat Rides were Quite Good but both Coming and Going it took a Long Time to Disembark from the Boat, they make a big production out of it, in Europe they just Get off the Boat. In Lauderdale it was about 10 P.M. and Raining and all the Taxis that were supposed to be there Weren't and I asked Can I just Walk out of Here and was told I Could, I Walked a Quarter-Mile just to get out of the Pier Confines, fortunately there was a nearby Walgreen's that was open 24 Hours and I asked them to Call me a Cab, they were Quite Nice and I Rode to the Greyhound Station to go up to Gainesville, Stephanie's old haunts. Bought my Ticket, $71, just before the Bus left. Jacob "Baby Jake" Matlala was a Black South African Boxer whose Career was from 1979 to 1999. On July 19, 1997 he fought Michael Carbajal and the 4'10" Matlala sliced-up the much taller at 5'5" Carbajal to take the IBO Flyweight Crown (112 pounds). This was a Tremendous Upset. Should I Ever Borrow Money from the now "48" "Baby Jake" Matlala I'll be Sure to Repay it Quickly in Case he Has Something Left.

No comments: