Tuesday, August 21, 2012

good talk

Everybody is angry with me over McKayla that poor child, well, I have 2 broad feet and can stand a lot.  I took the overnight to Chicago where I had been last year arriving at 5 A.M. I was lucky to get a room at 7 A.M. and 3 hours later walked all the way from Greektown to the very illustrious Art Institute of Chicago.  Hey, they have Grant Wood's "American Gothic" in there which everybody likes, that's his Sister and their Dentist.  In 1930 Grant Wood entered it in a competition at the Institute and it won 3rd Prize and they bought it.  Up to Milwaukee where I toured the Pabst Mansion (1892) which had been the home of Captain Frederick Pabst the founder of the Pabst Brewery and later of 5 Archbishops.  That evening I went to beautiful Miller Park (2001) whose roof can open and close in 10 minutes, place is like glass.  There I saw the Brewers lose to the Cincinnati Reds 6-1 with Ryan Braun accounting for all the Brewers' scoring with a Home Run.  Outside they have a statue of  2-time American League MVP and Hall of Famer Robin Yount who used to live very close to me near Camelback Mountain in Paradise Valley outside of Phoenix.  Wanting total anonymity in the desert Robin and Michelle had a large sign on their front lawn "The Younts."                         

No comments: