Monday, August 6, 2012

good talk

Barbados to Miami I had had enough of the beach scene in fact my inner thighs were rubbed raw by walking in a loose wet bathing suit and I could hardly walk, I took a taxi to go a half mile.  Greyhound to Atlanta founded in 1847 due to its importance as a Railroad Intersection.  Burned by Sherman on November 14, 1864 during his Scorched Earth March through Georgia forcing my Ancestors to flee the City......These People are never going to like us the only way to defeat them is by making them fear us by making War Terrible for Them......Indeed, my Great-Aunt Sue's dog was named "Rebel."  I had already toured the State Capitol, I had been to the Margaret Mitchell House the apartment where she wrote....and the accompaning Museum, I had been twice to the very impressive Stone Mountain the largest mass of granite in the World where there's the massive Carvings of Robert Lee, Jefferson Davis and Stonewall Jackson on horseback.  In 1971 I was at Underground Atlanta during its Heyday when it was a large famous area of Nightclubs stopping in with a couple guys on our way back from Florida now it's just basically a small Mall.  This time I went to the Reknown High Art Museum whose Permanent Collection is actually quite weak and I saw the Braves play the Phillies at Turner Field which is the 1996 Olympic Stadium.  3 Hours before the Game the Braves sell one dollar tickets for the upper deck and this is what I bought, a nice price for these Hard Times and not a bad seat. I also paid 2 dollars to see the very impressive Braves Museum full of Baseball Artifacts relating to the Braves and other Teams.  This is the only museum that I've seen in all of Major League Baseball.  Had me a Good Time for 3 Bucks.

No comments: