Tuesday, January 7, 2014

good talk

I didn't know the schedule I just knew there were constant ferries from Calais to Dover (white chalk cliffs), there's a bus stop at the train station and you can get to the port.  Straightaway I was in England and took the train to London, 8 mil, and Victoria Station.  I've been to London a lot of times and I think each time I got my hotel room from the inside of Vic.  The most expensive city in the world I got a hotel room for 3 nights in a good hotel in S. Kensington at a reasonable price.  I've done Buckingham Palace and the Tower (saw something signed by Walter Raleigh, Knight) and Westminster Abbey and all that.  Underground to the British Museum (all the London museums are free) and the Rosetta Stone, the Elgin Marbles that the good Lord Elgin wisely saved from the Parthenon and much more, the British is one of the 5 best in the World.  To the National Gallery, Western European 13th to the 19th Centuries, and the next door National Portrait Gallery.  My 3rd day I sort of just walked around, the "London Eye" is certainly junky-looking, a big ferris wheel near the Parliament, Westminster, it's unnecessary.  I went to St. Paul's Cathedral, I walked around in Hyde Park, there's no longer Speakers at the Speakers Corner as I understand it even on Sundays.  Early June and suprisingly beautiful weather, it was real enjoyable.  That evening I took the bus to Holyhead and then the Ferry to Dublin. 

No comments: