Thursday, January 23, 2014

good talk

From Holyhead across the Irish Sea to Dublin.  My 3rd time in Ireland, I've enjoyed it immensely always.  Both North and South the Irish are often quite friendly and nice, I'm not Irish and nobody would think I was and this is how they treat me, of all the 115 countries I've been in they're my favorite.  And yes, I've kissed the Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle outside of Cork, in the South.  One story concerning its ability to give one the gift of gab is that the first Queen Elizabeth (who could have been called the Great due to her success at War and her promotion of literature and drama) called for the Lord of Blarney to present himself at Court and he kept on giving excuses not to show up...Blarney, all I'm hearing is Blarney!...  Before you buy the farm you should stay at a Bed and Breakfast, nothing is so delicious as an Irish Breakfast.  Once I was at a B and B in Dublin and the lady had all these Irish songs playing, during Danny Boy (a father singing to his son who is going off to fight in the Revolution and he thinks he'll never see him again....Oh Danny boy, I love you so....).  I said I'm so sad I can hardly continue eating this breakfast.  This time I took a bus to Belfast and then another to Bushmills which is right at the top and smack dab in the middle, a few miles outside of town is the Giant's Causeway by myth caused by Giants fighting.  It's 40 thou interlocking columns of volcanic basalt, kinda like a bunch of rectangular rocks put together and you can climb all over them, to be there was very exciting.

No comments: