Friday, March 21, 2014

good talk

I've had so many pageviews recently, you people's thirst for me is immense, I'm flattered all to heck, were I in your neighborhoods you'd be leading out your wives and daughters.  Suprisingly, whereas I've always had a lot of Russian readers, none lately, what, they're too mad at anybody American due to what's been happening lately?  When I was in Athens last Spring I stayed at Omonoia Square, I always stay there,  good and cheap lodging, a Subway Station there to take you anyplace, I just walked to the Archeological Museum.  But the Communist Party Headquarters had moved and they had been there forever, you'd see the Hammer and Sickle out front.  6 years ago I thought I'd walk over there from my hotel which was just behind it and go inside and see what's going on, I don't want you to think that I was thinking about going Pinko, I like to go every place.  So I open the door and go inside and there's maybe 40 people standing there talking in small groups.  After I had entered about 5 yards they all stopped talking and stared at me.  I said...Hello, how are you.... they stared.  I said .... I've been to Moscow and Red Square where I was inside of Lenin's Mausoleum.... they stared.  ....I really enjoyed being there and being in the presence of Vladimir Lenin... they stared.  By now I was feeling sort of awkward and I began backing towards the door ....It was nice seeing you...  The Greek Orthodox Easter occurred while I was in Athens and I was wondering as lazy as the Greeks are if the Greek Communist Headquarters would be closed for the holiday despite the Communists being atheists, so as I walked past I pulled the door slightly, yeah, it was open. 

No comments: