Friday, March 14, 2014

good talk

I saw San Diego State play Utah State and UNLV play Wyoming in the Mountain West, just a half hour in between I like seeing 2 games like that.  Wyoming had some good White Guys, the Kid from Australia jumped like a kangaroo.  At 1 P.M. I'm going to "Tropicana Cinemas" to see "Lone Survivor" for $2, I was told it was very good.  I often go there, I know lots of people who do, Joshua is a hard-core aficionado, most of the guys I know have a lot of money and they all go there religiously.  One guy takes his 2 little grandsons pointing out to them that because their tickets only cost $2 apiece that they have money for popcorn and sodas (oh the value of thrift).  If you're ever around Trop and Pecos take in a flick.  Recently Miami played at San Antonio and the Spurs wore jerseys saying Los Spurs while Miami was forced to wear tight-jerseys saying El Heat, LeBron said the tight jerseys affected his shooting-stroke.  3 years ago I saw Cleveland play at Oakland on Cinquo de Maya (May 5) and Oakland wore jerseys saying "Athleticos" and the door prize was an exact replica of these Oakland jerseys.  They gave me one and I scarfed another that strangely was just laying there on the concrete for 2 hours unattended (I said does this belong to anybody), I gave these to guys.  Now, my team, Cleveland wasn't forced to wear jerseys saying Los Indians or whatever, it sounds like Major League Baseball is better at marketing than the NBA.  A friend of mine, Dick Newman, was an accountant for Baskin-Robbins and being well-liked they gave him a card that was good for a tremendous amount of free products at any of their stores.  It was like the equivalent of 400 hot fudge sundaes a month although you could have whatever you wanted.  He said that people with this card were often asked to host a Church's Ice Cream Social (you could use it all at once if you wished).  Dick was often out of town and he said that sometimes for dinner he'd just go to one of their stores and have 2 banana splits, you people are thinking that sounds like a good dinner.   

No comments: