Thursday, March 6, 2014

good talk

When I was at Ohio State I knew Jim Davidson, we weren't friends but were friendly with each other.  Jim was in Veterinary School, he said that the lower half of the graduating class would serve dogs and cats but that the upper half would work with expensive farm animals and this is what he aspired.  Jim ate only meat, like an Indian, mostly beef with some chicken, this he bought for a cheap cost from the Vet School.  He said that by switching his eating habits from the usual that he had almost no colds and felt very good indeed.  Once I saw him having some tomato soup with his beef (never any condiments on his meat), once.  Before a Final I saw Jim so upset and nervous at the prospect of not doing well that he was guzzling a quart of beer to calm his mind and put him in the proper acuity for Study.  Had it been us doing this it would have put us in the proper frame of mind to fall asleep.  I've known maybe 7 people in my life for whom drinking alcohol was a stimulant, a picker-upper, for everybody else it's the opposite.  Jim had the most unique human physiology that I've observed.         

No comments: