Tuesday, August 25, 2015

good talk

After a game, if there's big and beautiful cups to be had, left by people, I'll often be seen "Scarfing" them.  From the Dodgers Game I went to in July, I Scarfed 8 such cups, which I wash with very warm water, laundry detergent, and maybe a little bleach (in case some guy has diseased lips or AIDS or whatever), and once dry, I give them-out to people in sets of 4.  I've Scarfed as many as 24 cups after a game, do I think it's undignified to be seen doing this, I must not.  The Cleveland Indians are tremendous so far as what they do for their fans, the last time I went to a game in Cleveland they gave out a facsimile of the upper-half of a uniform in honor of a player, something I've often selling in a ballpark's giftshop for even $150.  And this as a door-prize just for being at the game.  Ten years ago I was at a game in Cleveland and they had tremendous cups for beer, very expensively-made, so, of course, after the game, I began Scarfing, and they were hard to come-by as people were taking them when they left.  Not many people do this, but some, and as I was going for my next-cup, picking-it-up from its holder, I saw a woman about "30" a few feet away had also been going-for-it.  We stared at each other, and I saw her eyes roll-back-into-her head, and I saw yellow where the white had been---it was Scarf-Fever, I placed the cup back into its holder and slowly backed-away, as in her covetousness for that cup she would have gladly torn-out my throat, at that moment she prized nothing-more    

No comments: