Tuesday, August 11, 2015

good talk

I've got a zillion hits already today, I want each of you Readers to send Ed $10 so I can be rich.  An Altar in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre is dedicated to the "Good Thief" (See My Blog for Sept. 29, 2009).  While in Israel I read in the newspaper of a War between 2 Jewish Israeli Gangs which has claimed 15 lives over the past 3 years, Bernie Madoff fleeced billions from fellow-Jews, Can't they all just get along?  Took the train to Ben Gurion and flew to Istanbul, then 2 buses and 3 days to Tbilisi, got a nice room for 25 and then 30 U.S. at the bus station hotel.  Tbilisi is cheap, taxi to the center, climbed-up and explored their castle-fortress, then bought 2 air-tickets at (info@citysightseeing.com.ge) nearby travel-agency also for cheap, Tbilisi to Istanbul was 100 U.S., the lady who sold me these is a real doll, "34," never been married, maybe one of you handsome guys can sweep her off her feet, everybody in Georgia was real nice.  All of Tbilisi looks real fine, I asked her where to go for good Georgian food, and she sent me across the street (I hadn't eaten in a day).  Then to the No. 9 Bathhouse, which is also right there.  Tbilisi was founded due to its recuperative hot mineral springs, I felt totally renewed the next morning.  There's a bunch of bath-houses all clustered together, McKayla would have found these far-better than some stupid IV, her great loss.  Went to the Georgian National Museum, and their Fine Arts Museum, which is in the building which was an Orthodox Seminary where Joseph Stalin once studied for the priesthood (expelled due to his revolutionary activities, big surprise there).  They have a bunch of fine churches to which I went, the new Tsminda Sameba Cathedral, the Siona Cathdral, the Metekhi Cathedral, the Kashveti Church, and more, it's a real fine atmosphere throughout, I'm so sorry about their recent floods and loss of human and animal life.

No comments: