Saturday, October 18, 2008

good talk

Saturday, October l8, 2008 Tonight I'm going to the "Palms' to see the Kelly Pavlik-Bernard Hopkins fight on TV for free. Now, this is the same thing that PPV is selling for $50 so this is very kind of them. Eh, big night out. Boxing is my favorite sport , I don't like to see anybody get hurt, I enjoy seeing the courage and skill involved. Had I been more physically mature in my youth I would have liked to see how far I could have gone in that, probably not too far. Akron was a real good boxing town, better than much bigger Cleveland even. Can the wily old professor live for 12 rounds with that stick of dynamite? Probably not, but that Hopkins can be so competitive at almost "44" and came close to beating Joe Calzaghe last spring attests to his greatness. Recently Hopkins said that he might want to run for political office sometime if they'd only overlook his 6 felony convictions, ha, ha. Hopkins began boxing during his 5 years in prison. Some of the worst drivers in the country are in Las Vegas---they're old, they're drunk, they're on drugs, or all three. Should I manage to return home unscathed I should have had a pretty good time.

No comments: