Friday, October 24, 2008

good talk

My older brother, Bob, and I have been each other's only living relative for decades. Just as soon as I was born this guy was there, I've literally known him all my life. I was told that when I was born that he was going around telling people that what his mother had given birth to was a girl named Emily. He was a junior and my parents called him "Bobby," he's at least the 4th in a row with his name. He's 4 years and 4 months older, and one night when he was "9" we were all sitting at the dinner table and my brother announced, "Bobby sounds childish, from now on I want to be called "Bob" !" And so it was. My brother was a paratrooper with the 101st Airborne in Vietnam and hasn't been out of the country since he got back 40 years ago. You know all the places I go, we're nothing alike in that way or much of any other. He's sort of a meat and potatoes, beer and a shot type guy. Bob is a retired federal "management analyst" and was the longtime director of the "Ironman Invitational," the best high school wrestling tournament in the country. For a long time he was also the high school editor for "Amateur Wrestling Magazine," and is now a contributing writer for the "Amateur Wrestling News." Although good-sized and muscular and not built like a distance runner, Bob was a devoted marathon runner for a long time and was getting his time down to where he was fairly close to qualifying for the "Boston Marathon." Unfortunately he hurt his back from all this running (he said there were 50,000 steps in a marathon, all on a hard surface) and had to scale back on his running. But this guy doesn't believe that I can do Telepathy, can you imagine! For sure Bob (he lives in Cleveland) is not telepathic himself but that doesn't mean that somebody else can't be, my gosh. This Good Telepathy that I do is a rare ability and I'm really glad that I can do it but it sounds so far out that I can understand somebody not believing in me. Poor me to be so misunderstood.

No comments: