Monday, October 27, 2008

good talk

A lot of people like my car, already today some guy in a supermarket parking lot was eager to buy it, reminds them of the good old days. In 1920 Eugene V. Debs garnered a million votes for President while a convict in the federal prison in Atlanta. I asked my brother recently, who are the great men today, throughout American History there always seemed to be a lot of great men, it escaped me who is today. Bob said that David Hackworth and Bill Carpenter who he served with in Vietnam were great men and also that John McCain was a great man. So I guess he'll vote for McCain. I toured what was left of the "Hanoi Hilton" 3 years ago and they had a plaque up that said in English "...The American Aviators were well-treated..." About 6 years ago I met a guy at a Superbowl Party in Las Vegas who said that he had been in the "Hanoi Hilton" for years with John McCain. I forget his name, University of Michigan, and this guy said "...My back looks like a roadmap..." I don't really care for either candidate, I'm going to vote for Barr. There's far too much government, it's strangling us all. Having a minimal amount of government just to smooth things along and have natural laws prevail would be best. Everybody sucks the federal teat, the federal government is anything and everything for everybody. I knew the late Dave Riegle who was the middleweight, 165 pounds, in weightlifting on the U.S. Olympic Team that Jimmy Carter had boycott the Moscow Olympics in 1980 to mess it up for the Russians. Not only was this mean-spirited but why would this be the option of the American President? Why would he be able to weigh in so heavily on that? In relation to the Russian Invasion of Afghanistan, Dave said, "...Who gives a hoot, I would have liked to have competed in the Olympics!" Is the U.S. President a semi-dictator?

No comments: