Thursday, July 9, 2009

good talk

Humprey Bogart said that a hotdog at the Ballpark was better than steak at the Ritz. I arrived in Guayaquil, Ecuador from the Galapagos and found a nice room for 20 U.S. and I explored the City. The largest City in Ecuador with 2 Million, there's much Poverty. No longer a Rough and Tumble Seaport the City has developed the Waterfront along the Guayas River with Malecon 2000 and it's fun to walk its Length. There's a Good Historical Museum there and I liked the Cathedral and Churches. Founded by the Spanish in 1538 I enjoyed Catting About the Place and seeing what Everybody was Up To. I was Fortunate to be able to buy a ticket for the bloated price of 65 U.S. and Ride Out on the Thursday before Good Friday to Trujillo, Peru. A 16 Hour Trip, on the Bus one can See the Countryside. I Arrived in Trujillo at 6 A.M. on Good Friday and was able to find a Hotel where I Stayed for 3 Nights. I saw the Ruins of the Moche and Chimu Civilizations at Chan Chan, the largest Adobe City in the World and at Huaca del Sol, the Temple of the Sun and Huaca de la Luna, the Temple of the Moon. These last 2 I saw with a German Couple who were there who Seemed like Nice People (they liked my Last Name) and we had a Nice Girl who spoke Good English to Show Us Around. I tipped her twice as Much as the German Couple. The Krauts are Notorious Cheapskates which is Embarassing to Me as Much of my Origins are This. On Easter Sunday I saw the Paso Horses Exhibition, these are descended from the Spanish Horses and are known for their smooth gait and Endurance. It was Very Theatrical and Good. Trujillo was founded by Juan Pizarro in 1534 and named after his hometown in Spain. They have Good Museums there particularly at the University and One that was in the Basement of a Gas Station.

No comments: