Thursday, July 30, 2009

good talk

If you want to see what my brother Bob looks like in the flesh you can Google Bob Preusse and see an interview last Feb. about an upcoming Wrestling Meet. The Video makes his facial features bulge in the middle, he looks better than that of course anybody does. His voice is higher, he has the same voice as my Mother's brother. After the 6 Hour delay on the Pan American Highway my bus journeyed to Nasca. It was 10 A.M. and I took a taxi to the Airport. You can only see the famous Nasca Lines from the Air, it costs $55 for half an hour and you're up with a pilot and 3 other tourists. I wanted to also see the nearby Palpa Lines and paid for that as well but they couldn't get anybody else to do this so they refunded the additional money. At Nasca you see a Monkey, Spider, Condor, Human Figure and others and it's very good. These Lines were made 200 B.C. to 600 A.D. and Everybody today wonders what they represented, My opinion is they had nothing better to do. Maria Reiche was a German Lady who devoted most of her long life to the Nasca Lines. Reiche was a Mathematician and Archeologist who thought the Lines represented Astronomical Cycles. There's a Good Museum in what was her House that I enjoyed visiting, she died in 1998 at the age of "95." That evening I went to the Astronomy Lecture at the Maria Reiche Observatory and I enjoyed that a lot. I love that Stuff, I've gotta get me a Good Telescope, I've been thinking about that for a long time. Afterwards we went outside and the Lecturer had us all look through this Telescope at Saturn. You could see the Ring around it, it was Way Cool. With the 40th Anniversary of the Moon Landing it's been pointed out extensively that there's been nothing to Match this Accomplishment over the past 40 Years. Whereas at that time 4 % of the National Budget was devoted to NASA today it's less than 1 %, Disgrace, Disgrace.

No comments: