Sunday, July 1, 2012

good talk

Barbados Museum is housed in an old prison and is very good and extensive.  The only foreign country that George Washington visited I was in the house that where he stayed for 7 weeks in 1751 when he was 19.  While there he learned advanced farming methods.  Michelle Bachman was ridiculed for saying that the Founding Fathers tried to stamp out Slavery but the Little Fool was basically right as Washington who was by far the most important wrote against Slavery and freed his Slaves upon his death after having taught them marketable skills but none of the others joined him in this. These 2 are located in the Savannah Garrison District which was home to the British Command and has the largest collection of 17th century cannons in the world.  All I spent for a room during my 20 days in the Caribbean was 30-36 U.S. and some were pretty good.  I traveled about mostly in their packed minibuses and the music was often very loud and bad for your ears. I swam at all 5 of their best beaches and didn't like any as they all had stones that hurt my feets but the warm saltwater was very delightful and the climate always balmy.  To all of you many who are good in the water I'm very envious as I always felt my first attempt at surfing might be my last, I went to Bathsheba to see Soup Bowl rated a 9 plus by Kelly Slater. I went to Holetown where the British first landed in 1627. I was in Speightstown which was prominent during the Sugar Boom from the 1640's until even after the abolition  of Slavery in 1834. At one time the Caribbean Sugar Islands were much more valuable to the European Powers than all of North America.

No comments: