Sunday, August 18, 2013

good talk

Billy Cannon suffered a stroke this past Feb. and we wish Dr. Cannon at "76" a full recovery.  When Billy Cannon was a college kid at LSU at 205 lbs. he could run a 100 yard dash in 9.4 seconds on a crude dirt and cinder track as well as put the 16 lb. shot 54 feet I'm wondering if any man today can do the Billy Cannon Double.  Egypt is in a permanent state of total chaos I've been in 115 countries and easily the best for a tourist would be Egypt.  I've been to Egypt 4 times and have been all over and it's fabulous.  I doubt if Egypt is ever stable enough again for me to visit, a real pity, much worse would be if any of Egypt's antiquities were harmed, say the Pyramids at Giza just outside of Cairo, the beyond superb Egyptian Museum in Cairo easily the best museum in the world, the Valley of the Kings at Luxor and much more.  These must be safeguarded.  I just happened to turn to the U.S. Gymnastics Championship as McKayla Maroney finished on the uneven bars and when she felt my gaze she puffed her cheeks and looked angry.  I hadn't seen McKayla in a year since the Olympics when I just happened to turn on the TV,  I didn't know the schedule, as she was about to do the vault and I could tell that my gaze made her nervous so I turned away only turning back after she had finished.  I had inadvertantly broke her concentration japping her out of her rightful Gold Medal in the vault as she was the best ever.  Everybody was mad at me, well,  I have 2 broad feet and can stand a lot.  I want McKayla for my girlfriend she's real pretty and I like her hair, I'm appointing the TV Media, making rare good use of themselves, as my emissary telling McKayla I'll be waiting for her approving reply.     

No comments: