Friday, August 2, 2013

good talk

I took a taxi, just me, from Tirana to Podgorica, Montenegro the Capitol, Montenegro has a population of 630 thou and Podgorica has l56,000 three-quarters Orthodox and 17% Moslem.  The agreed upon price for the taxi was 14 Euros and he understood that once we arrived at the Podgorica Bus Station he said 40 Euros.  He had gotten me through an international border and where I said in Podgorica I gave him 17 no more than I would have.  Where you find Moslems you find thievery and stupidity.  The lst hotel I stayed at in Tirana tried to charge me for 2 nights although I had stayed one I didn't pay the supposed 2nd night and left.  There's nothing to see in Podgorica but picturesque and nice people by reputation tall yeah they are I just walked extensively and enjoyed my brief stay in my 110th country.  I took a bus to Pristina, Kosovo my 111th.  Kosovo has a population of 1.8 mil Pristina has 200 thou.  Kosovo was under Moslem control from the Battle of Kosovo in 1389 when the Ottoman Turks defeated a Christian coalition until 1912.  Kosovo declared Independence from Serbia in 2008 some countries recognize this some don't for sure Serbia doesn't.  After the dissolution of Yugoslavia there was much conflict between the Moslems and Serbs concerning Kosovo with many bad things happening from 1996 to 1998 and especially during the War from Feb. 1998 to June 1999 but all bad things end and I found my time there quite enjoyable.                                                                  

No comments: