Thursday, October 29, 2015

good talk

From Bordeaux, I took the bus to Madrid, where I was just 2 years before.  I did the Royal Palace and what-all before and was uninspired, but I wanted to visit the 3 great art museums yet again, each taking a day, as I stay in there for 6-7 hours.  I never liked art until I went all-over Europe for 2 mos. when I was "32," I had thought it to be a stupid or sissy-thing.  Go to a couple of famous art museums in close-succession and you're hooked, and right-afterwards that's the best you're capable of thinking as art liberates the mind.  The Prado is heavy on Francisco de Goya, Diego Velazquez is considered by many to be the greatest of the Spanish artists.  The Reina Sofia is heavy on Salvador Dali and Pablo Picasso, it's most famous for housing "Guernica," which takes up an entire wall, depicting the carnage of the bombing of the Basque town in 1937 by the Germans and Italians at the behest of fellow-Fascist, Franco, during the Spanish Civil War, gladly-done as preparation for WW 11.  You people love war, the U.S. is always at war, ask Tammy Duckworth if she'd rather go to Congress or have her legs.  Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza contains the eclectic collection of the Baron of this name, and is more diverse as it strays from a Spanish-base.                  

No comments: