Sunday, October 4, 2015

good talk

Train from Firenze to Milano (like that TV chick who claims a soft-heart), and got in around 6 P.M., and stayed at a 3-Star near the station (you can get a good-deal around that time).  I hadn't been there for 14 years, I've seen the Last Supper (takes up a wall) a couple times and been to their other art places, and was uninterested in re-visiting.  The next morning was Sunday and I took the subway to their Duomo (begun in 1386), which seats 40 thou, the 5th largest church in the world, and went to Mass.  My prayers were answered, I was unsure of what to do next and so wandered to the nearby Teatro alla Scala (super-luxurious around there), the most-famous opera house in the world, I had toured La Scala previously.  It had long been my goal to attend an opera at a famous house, but they're always sold-out immediately.  I talked to people outside La Scala and they said that an opera that had only been-announced a week before was being held at 2 P.M. that day, and that they had held-back tickets to be sold that day to the public.  I was told to go to a nearby place and got a number, #87, they liked the foreign tourists.  I asked the lady if I could actually attend as I was dressed, jeans, a ban-lon, Reeboks, and she said yes---I would have gladly spent $250 for glad-rags and shoes.  So I went back outside La Scala and waited in line and bought my ticket, the entire process took 2 hours.  I had a couple hours to kill so I went to the fab mall and got some Eats.  At l:30 I went inside and walked around, some older lady all dressed-up came to an abrupt halt and gasped when she saw me, like she was thinking how did this hillbilly get in here, that I had a toothpick in my mouth didn't help.  Fortunately, you people think better of me.  I saw Lucia Di Lammermoor with an all-star cast, including the soprano, Diana Damrau, I've never heard anything like this gal in my life, like an angel.  The entire production was beyond great, I've never experienced anything similar in my entire life (I think many of you would have been bored).  The 31st of May, 2015  is a day I'll always treasure.

No comments: